NSCDA/PA Headquarters House
The NSCDA/PA owns its Headquarters House located at 1630 Latimer Street in Philadelphia. Built by and for the Dames under the leadership of Mrs. James Starr, Jr., the house has served as the Dames home since its completion in 1923. The building was designed by the Philadelphia Architectural firm Ritter and Shay. Marion Coffin, one of the first female landscape architects, was instrumental in desgining the garden which is a four seasons delight to all who use the house. Headquarters is the setting for Philadelphia Stated Meetings, the meetings of the Board of Managers and its Committees, and for the Society's Annual meeting. The archives of the Society, including lineage papers of our members, both living and deceased, are housed here as well. Headquarters is also available to the general public to rent for weddings and events.