Woodville, the John and Presley Neville house, is Southwestern Pennsylvania’s principal link to the late 18th century, interpreting the time period of 1780-1820 and documenting the lives of the three families that resided there, the Nevilles (1775-1815), the Cowans (1815-1835), and the Wrenshalls (1835-1975). Woodville is owned by the Neville House Associates with support from NSCDA/PA. The Allegheny County of the NSCDA/PA has furnished the house with loaned objects of the Federal period to reflect the occupancy of the home by the Neville and Cowan families.
The Pennsylvania Society's Headquarters, completed in 1921, is Located at 1630 Latimer Street in the center of downtown Philadelphia.The beautiful colonial style house was designed by renowned Colonial Architects, Ritter and Shay. Dames Headquarters hosts numerous programs and events throughout the year for its members, and also serves as a highly desirable private function venue for members and guests of discriminating taste.
Stenton was the home of James Logan, Provincial Secretary to William Penn. The house descended through six generations of the Logan family. In the 18th and early 19th centuries, the Logans were prominent Quakers and were actively involved in politics in the Colony and later, the United States. The history of Stenton is rich with stories about early America, told through the experiences of one family but also reflecting wider issues that were central to the development of the United States. Stenton has been administered by the NSCDA/PA since 1899.
Additional Properties Supported by the NSCDA/PA